Safe And Smart
Complete 1–8. Requirement 9 is optional.
- Memorize your address, and say it to your den leader or parent/guardian/other caring adult.
- Memorize an emergency contact’s phone number, and say it to your parent, guardian, or den leader.
- Take the 911 safety quiz.
- Show you can “Stop, Drop, and Roll.”
- Show you know how to safely roll someone else in a blanket to put out a fire.
- With your parent/guardian or other caring adult, make a fire escape map of your home and explain it to family members and your den.
- With your parent/guardian or other caring adult, try a practice fire drill at home.
- Find the smoke detectors in your home. With the help of your parent/guardian or other caring adult, check the batteries.
- Visit an emergency responder station, or have an emergency responder visit you.