Complete Requirements 1 – 4. Requirements 5 and 6 are optional.
- While working on your Bear badge, attend one of the following:
A. A daytime or overnight campout with your pack or family
B. An outdoor activity with your den or pack
C. Day camp
D. Resident camp
- Make a list of items you should take along on the activity selected in Requirement 1.
- Make a list of equipment that the group should bring along in addition to each Scout’s personal gear for the activity selected in Requirement 1.
- Help set up a tent. Determine a good spot for the tent, and explain to your den leader why you picked it.
- Demonstrate how to tie two half hitches and explain what the hitch is used for.
- Learn how to read a thermometer and a barometer. Keep track of the temperature and barometric pressure readings and the actual weather at the same time every day for seven days.