Complete requirements 1-4 and two others.
- Explain the importance of response personnel or lifeguards in a swimming area. Tell how the buddy system works and why it is important.
- Visit a local pool or swimming area with your den or family. Go swimming or take a swimming lesson.
- Explain the safety rules that you need to follow before participating in boating.
- Identify the safety equipment needed when going boating.
- Demonstrate correct rowing or paddling form. Explain how rowing and canoeing are good exercise.
- Show how to do both a reach rescue and a throw rescue.
- Demonstrate the front crawl swim stroke to your den or family.
- Name the three swimming ability groups for the Boy Scouts of America.
- Earn the BSA beginner swim classification.