Paws of Skill
Complete at least Requirements 1-4. Requirements 5-7 are optional.
- Talk with your family or den about what it means to be physically fit. Share ideas of what you can do to stay in shape.
- With your family or den, talk about why it is important to stretch before and after exercising. Demonstrate proper warm-up movements and stretches before and after each activity you do that involves action.
- Select at least two physical fitness skills and practice them daily for two weeks. See if you can improve during that time.
- With your family or your den, talk about what it means to be a member of a team. Working together, make a list of team sports, and talk about how the team works together to be successful. Choose one and play for 30 minutes.
- With your den, develop an obstacle course that involves five different movements. Run the course two times and see if your time improves.
- With your den, talk about sportsmanship and what it means to be a good sport while playing a game or a sport. Share with your den how you were a good sport or demonstrated good sportsmanship in requirement 4.
- Visit a sporting event with your family or your den. Look for ways the team works together. Share your visit with your den.