Found in the 1978 printing of the Scoutmaster’s Handbook. Great ceremony to use when giving the Eagle Charge to your Scouts.Read More
- Be active in your troop, team, crew, or ship for a period of at least 6 months after you have achieved the rank of Life Scout.
- Demonstrate that you live by the principles of the Scout Oath and Law in your daily life. List the names of individuals who know you personally and would be willing to provide a recommendation on your behalf, including parents/guardians, religious, educational, and employer references.
- Earn a total of 21 merit badges (10 more than you already have), including the following:
- While a Life Scout, serve actively for a period of 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility:
- Boy Scout Troop: Patrol leader, assistant senior patrol leader, senior patrol leader, Venture patrol leader, troop guide, Order of the Arrow troop representative, den chief, scribe, librarian, historian, quartermaster, bugler, junior assistant Scoutmaster, chaplain aide, instructor, troop webmaster, or Leave No Trace trainer.
- Varsity Scout Team: Captain, co-captain, program manager, squad leader, team secretary, Order of the Arrow troop representative, librarian, historian, quartermaster, chaplain aide, instructor, den chief, team webmaster, or Leave No Trace trainer.
- Venturing crew/ship: President, vice president, secretary, treasurer, quartermaster, historian, den chief, guide, webmaster, or Leave No Trace trainer, boatswain, boatswain's mate, yeoman, purser, or storekeeper.