Complete Requirement 1 and at least five others.
- Explain what first aid is. Tell what you should do after an accident.
- Show what to do for hurry cases of first aid: Serious bleeding, heart attack or sudden cardiac arrest, stopped breathing, stroke, poisoning
- Show how to help a choking victim.
- Show how to treat for shock.
- Demonstrate how to treat at least five of the following:
A. Cuts and scratches,
B. Burns and scalds,
D. Blisters on the hand or foot,
E. Tick bites,
F. Bites and stings of other insects,
G. Venomous snakebites,
- Put together a simple home first-aid kit. Explain what you included and how to use each item correctly.
- Create and practice an emergency readiness plan for your home or den meeting place.
- Visit with a first responder or health care professional.