Complete Requirement 1 and at least three others. Note that any requirement may be completed based on family of origin or family with whom you live.
- Discuss with your parent/guardian, a family member, or other caring adult where some of your family members originated. Discuss family history, traditions, and culture—your family heritage. Share a story or bring something to share with your den about yourself and your family.
- Make a family crest.
- Visit your public library to find out information about the heritage of some of your family members.
- Interview one of your grandparents or another family elder, and share with your den what you learned.
- Make a family tree designed for your particular family.
- Share with your den how you got your name or what your name means.
- Share with your den your favorite snack or dessert that reflects the cultural heritage of one of more of your family members.
- Learn where some members of your family came from, and locate the place(s) on a map. Share this information with your den. With the help of your parent/guardian/other caring adult, locate and write to a pen pal there.