The Scout slogan is “Do a Good Turn Daily.” It is part of the third point of the Scout Law - “A Scout is helpful.” And it is part of your Scout Oath - “… to help other people at all times.”Read More
- Be active in your unit (and patrol if you are in one) for at least four months as a First Class Scout.
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout Law in you everyday life.
- Earn six merit badges, including any four from the required list for Eagle.
- While a First Class Scout, take part in service project(s) totaling at least six hours of work. These projects must be approved by your Scoutmaster.
- While a First Class Scout, serve actively for four months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility (or carry out a Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to help the unit.
- Boy Scout Troop: Patrol leader, assistant senior patrol leader, senior patrol leader, Venture patrol leader, troop guide, Order of the Arrow troop representative, den chief, scribe, librarian, historian, quartermaster, bugler, junior assistant Scoutmaster, chaplain aide, instructor, troop webmaster, or Leave No Trace trainer.
- Varsity Scout Team: Captain, cocaptain, program manager, squad leader, team secretary, Order of the Arrow troop representative, librarian, historian, quartermaster, chaplain aide, instructor, den chief, team webmaster, or Leave No Trace trainer.
- Venturing crew/ship: President, vice president, secretary, treasurer, quartermaster, historian, den chief, guide, webmaster, or Leave No Trace trainer, boatswain, boatswain's mate, yeoman, purser, or storekeeper.